As we all know, the only thing consistent about ceramics is its inconsistency! Raw materials, clays, glazes, and kilns change over time. Remember Albany Slip?
- If you want technical information
- If you want to cut production costs
- If you want to lower loss rates; if you want to develop a glaze
- If you want to become independent of "stock" clay bodies from suppliers
- If you want to buy raw materials and clays from their source
- If you want to develop a clay body for throwing, hand building, slip casting, ram pressing, or jiggering operations
- If you want to develop a ceramic product
- If you want to change a firing temperature, try reduction firing, oxidation firing, salt/soda firing, wood firing, Raku firing, pit firing, lusters, decals, or fuming
- If your glaze crawls, shivers, crazes, pinholes, blisters, dimples, runs, or just doesn't work
- If your clay body fires too light, too dark, too absorbent, shrinks, cracks or just causes problems
Contact Ceramics Consulting Services below.